Thursday, May 13, 2010

4-30-10 Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster - Non-Fiction

4 - Wow. Jen Lancaster is a bitch! That's not news to her because she admits as much at the beginning of the book. This book is her story about her layoff from a VP position in a huge Chicago company and her years of searching for a new job. See why I thought this book would be fun to read tight now? (2 months and counting for me) Now, I know that I can be a bit snobbish and bitchy but Lancaster really had it down to an art form. She wore only designer clothes, had her hair and nails done on a really regular basis, and lived in a very chichi apartment with her boyfriend. then, after a merger, she lost her job. No matter, anyone would jump at the chance to hire her. Ummm...not really. She's very funny, very bitchy, and very whiny in turns through this book but reading it made me feel better (other talented people really struggling to get hired) and worse (years?!). For anyone in the same boat as myself or this author, pick this book up and see that life doesn't suck only for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment