Sunday, April 25, 2010

4-25-10 Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith - Fiction

4 - I must admit that I have never read the original Pride and Prejudice but once I heard about this new version "now with ultraviolent zombie mayhem" I just had to pick it up. I confess, I think I would find the original duller than dirt. The zombie attacks and Miss Elizabeth Bennet's use of her Shaolin training made this book a joy. Picture the five Bennet girls forming the Pentagram of Death when a ball they are attending is overrun by unmentionables and imagine them cutting down all the zombies in the room. See, it seems much more fun and interesting that way doesn't it? For those Austin purists out there who have decided this is an intolerable abomination of her work I have only one request: please go out as soon as the stores are open and purchase a sense of humor. It will make getting along day-to-day much easier and more fun. For everyone else, there are reading group questions in the back. Make sure to read those for an additional giggle. For myself, I may have to see if there are more zombie classics for me to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment