Sunday, August 12, 2012

8-12-12 Hounded by Kevin Hearne - Fiction

4 - This was a surprisingly good read!  I was doing the random walk down a library aisle, turn & grab something, and this caught my eye.  I figured it would be some of that mediocre fantasy that has been released lately but it actually was a well researched and fun book.  It's set in Tempe, AZ so I had a great time because I knew where everything was.  The story is about a Druid living in our time.  He's still living because he is smart and can blend in.  And he has great friends including his dog, Oberon, who he speaks with mentally, his lawyers, a werewolf and a vampire, and the blessings of the Morrigan, one of the Irish goddesses of death.  Hearne intertwines modern day with Irish mythology so well.  Very fun, so I will read the other two books in the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment