Sunday, April 22, 2012

4-22-12 Acacia by David Anthony Durham - Fiction

5 - I had totally forgotten about this trilogy since I read the first one 5 years ago.  Then, when I was looking at my stats for the blog, I noticed the title again.  So I looked it up and now all three books have been released.  So I re-read this one and will read the other two shortly.  I still loved this book.  A great work of fantasy with lots of intrigue and military action.  Acacia is the story of four royal siblings who are whisked away to the four corners of the kingdom when their father, King Leodan, is assassinated and war begins.  Nine years later, the kingdom is under the conquerors rule, Leodan's eldest daughter is the conqueror's mistress, his oldest son is a desert warrior, his youngest daughter is a priestess, and the youngest son is a pirate.  The four children are united in their desire to avenge their father and take back the kingdom but none of them are aware that any of the others survived.  Truly a great story with so many factions and twists that it will hold your interest.  I can't wait to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment