Sunday, May 8, 2011

5-5-11 One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde - Fiction

3 - I know, giving a Thursday Next book a 3! But I just had to because of how slowly it started. This book is written from the perspective of the written Thursday and I can see why her original book The Great Samuel Pepys Fiasco was put out of print. She's a bit boring and blah, like oatmeal with no sugar or cinnamon. However, the story really picks up about 1/3 way through the book. And then it's a fabulous Thursday Next story like the others. Especially since the written Thursday is trying to find the real Thursday who has disappeared from the real world and the book world. If you've never read the Thursday Next books, I know that plot line makes absolutely no sense. But if you're a fan, like I am, I'm sure you're excited to read this new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment