Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6-1-10 Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine - Fiction

3 - OK, this series is starting to lose its sparkle for me. I can't quite put a finger on why but I think it has to do with Claire. All through this book she's completely wound tight with no real break and all the situations she's in she bumbles through. That stressed out attitude doesn't put me on the edge of my seat, it drives me batty waiting for a breather. The best way I can describe it is the series is losing the characters and focusing way too much on the events. Claire has pledged to Amelia and now has to work with a half crazed vampire. She can't tell anyone that she's working with him or what they are working on. Plus, Shane gets stabbed and Eve's brother, Jason, is stalking Claire. Claire's parents also add a layer of turmoil. I don't think I'm going to continue this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment