Saturday, January 9, 2010

1-1-10 Dead Until Dark by Charlene Harris – Fiction

5 – Yes, I saw the show before I read the book.  And, yes, I was pleasantly surprised that the show followed the book so faithfully.  The book itself is so enjoyable I could almost read it again right now.  Harris has created such wonderful characters.  And, in case you have seen the show and haven’t read the book yet, Tara was created for the show (or at least she hasn’t shown up in this book) but you don’t necessarily miss her.  The book focuses pretty much exclusively on Sookie and you can see where all the side stories for the show came from.  Plus Harris shows more of her humor by including a character that wasn’t in the show: Bubba.  He’s a vampire and you’ll just have to read the book to find out how amusing he is.  I’m so reading the rest of the Sookie Stackhouse series.

No comments:

Post a Comment