Friday, December 25, 2009

12-25-09 Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain – Non-Fiction

4 – Since my SO is attending a Le Cordon Bleu culinary school I definitely foresee myself reading even more chef and cooking books.  This one however has been on my radar for a while but I just never got around to it until I traded Devil In the Kitchen by Marco Pierre White with a classmate of my SO for this book (thanks Vic!).  A total screaming New Yorker, Bordain hides nothing when it comes to the goings on in a kitchen.  It’s awesome.  Even though Bordain admits that the professional kitchen has changed since he wrote this, it is a wild ride with helpful tips for the common person who can “kinda” cook (and that’s not me.  I’m strictly an eater with a hard on for technique and trivia).  If you are considering a career in the culinary arts you will be well served to read this book.  If you truly enjoy food and eating out this will be a raunchy, drug filled, sex soaked, non-PC adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment