Saturday, June 6, 2009

6-1-09 Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer – Fiction

4 – I couldn’t figure out why I was slowing down so much in my reading and then I realized I needed a palate cleanser.  Enter LaVyrle Spencer.  This was a pretty good story set in the South during WWII, beginning just before Pearl Harbor.  It’s a standard Spencer light romance with two mismatched characters who continually have misunderstandings and situations that keep them from professing and celebrating their love for each other.  As I’ve said, I like Spencer, especially her historical novels, as a palate cleanser when I get a little too bogged down and apathetic with my reading.  They are always sweet and have a happy ending.  I recommend everyone find their own palate cleansing author.

No comments:

Post a Comment