Saturday, January 17, 2009

1-14-09 Antarktos Rising by Jeremy Robinson - Fiction

Holy Crap! What a thrill ride! First, I must thank Stan of Variance Publishing for recommending this book to me. He wasn't joking when he said it would be the best $7.99 I would spend this year. Imagine "The Day After Tomorrow" + "Jurassic Park" x "Indiana Jones" + "Rambo" x the bible. That's this book. The Earth's crust has gone through a massive shift and Antarctica has thawed. I figured this would just be a novel of scientific discovery, you know, adventure with extinct creatures, but boy was I wrong. The population that survived the shift is now too large for the available habitable land. To prevent all out nuclear annihilation, the leaders of the new governments have agreed to a race. Whichever three countries make it to the center of the new Antarctica first will divide the continent for themselves. If you love adventure, military, scientific, or religious fiction, I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment