Tuesday, December 2, 2008

12-2-08 Fortune and Fate by Sharon Shinn - Fiction

4 - I remembered how much I liked this world and Shinn's characters. I probably should have brushed up on the Twelve Houses by re-reading the previous book, but it came back to me. Every book Shinn writes has a character involved in self-discovery and it makes you love them all the more as you grow with them. The focus of this book is a minor character from the King's Riders, Wen. I wasn't sure I'd really get interested, but I should have known better. Two years have passed in Gillengaria since the events in "Reader and Raelynx" and the familiar characters have grown and lived their lives but they are as enjoyable as before. Wen is the focus, but we get to touch base with the original six which lends such a sense of familiarity to her books and makes them thoroughly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment