Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11-4-08 The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima - Fiction

4 - I'll admit, I wasn't too thrilled to read this. I'd heard tons of great things and it's a fantasy, one of my favorite genres, but I really had to force myself to pick it up. But I'm glad I did. A nice twist on fantasy warrior tales, The Warrior Heir takes place in present day and does not involve time travel. (Yay! We all know how tired that particular writer's tool is.) A regular teenage boy discovers that the medicine he's been taking daily isn't for his heart condition; turns out he doesn't even have a heart condition. The "medicine" is Weirbane, meant to hide the power of the warrior stone implanted in his chest. He is one of the last of the Warrior Guild, one of the Weir, who's ruling Wizard Guild houses have been fighting for centuries. Armed with only that knowledge and a pretty slick sword, he tries to stay alive. The ending kinda sputtered out for me but overall this is a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment