Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Need Some Help

O.K. I read a lot as you can see. But I need help from you. I'm reading (and in one case re-reading) a few series and I have a couple other titles on my list to read, but NOTHING is really capturing my attention so far as new stuff to pick up. I need recommendations. New, old, fiction, non-fiction, I don't care. I want to try some new authors, but nothing is really appetizing when I pick it up. E-mail me or comment on this post with titles you've really enjoyed or even something you might want to try, but you just don't have time to waste on bad writing. Make sure to note in the subject line of an e-mail "recommendation" so I don't delete it as junk. My only request is not War and Peace or, really, any other die hard classics. I already have 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 on my list and should get to them relatively soon. Please help me find some new books!

3 comments:

  1. I did delete an e-mail this morning from someone I was not familiar with without opening it. Please make sure to note "recommendation" in the subject line.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong? Really good. I liked it much better than Twilight. There are more unexpected plot twists and vampires aren't the main draw (although they are mentioned offhandedly).
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny you mention that because when I was in the bookstore last week, that's one of the titles I wrote down for reference. Now I'll definitely look for it.

    ReplyDelete