Tuesday, November 20, 2007

11-18-07 Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko - Fiction

4 - I decided to read this because I loved the movie and I know how different the book can be. Surprisingly, only the first third of the book made up the movie, and I was impressed by how closely the movie followed that story. The book 'Nightwatch' is split into three stories centered around Anton, a member of the Night Watch who police the Dark Others and make sure they stay within the terms of the treaty agreed upon by the Light Others and Dark Others centuries before. All Others live among us and are divided into Light and Dark. They hold the terms of the treaty, but look to gain an advantage and tip the balance through humans and our choices of good or evil. These are great and immediately engrossing stories. I look forward to reading 'Daywatch,' the second in Lukyanenko's trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment